1. In response to the question, "Thinking back on this past holiday season what did you wish you'd done more of?"
- Spent time with family and friends. 54%
- Spent time reflecting on the religious/spiritual significance of the holiday season. 40%
- Gave money to charity during the holiday season. 31%
2. In response to the question, "Thinking back on this past holiday season, do you wish you had done less of?"
- Spent money on gifts. 30%
- Spent time shopping for gifts in stores. 28%
- Spent money on myself while holiday shopping. 23%
So, in general, many of us desire to focus on the true meaning of Christmas but simply are unable to do what we really would like to, for whatever reason. (hmmm...the pull of the culture perhaps?)
And, along with the regret people may have, comes a significant amount of consumer debt from spending money on gifts and spending money on themselves while holiday shopping! Doesn't seem right does it?